Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Joys of Technology

Just when I thought I had a handle on technology, something comes along to remind me I don't! Saturday was the Computer Safety class, and I was prepared with handouts of my PowerPoint presentation. Good thing, since the projector and laptop decided not to cooperate! We'd used this laptop for classes all spring, (although we did have a few issues at first - mostly because I was trying to project when it wasn't plugged in - we learned that doesn't work) so I can't figure out why it wouldn't continue to behave. We have a second laptop now, so I'll give that one a chance before calling in the Projector Guys.

We also have a projector in the board room that isn't projecting, just flashing (we think of it as a strobe light!). I tried both laptops so this might involve the Projector Guys to figure it out.

But the class was good, and hopefully a few more people will be a little safer on line! When someone says they always refuse automatic updates, I have to think this was a necessary class!

No comments: